HANFORD MILLS MUSEUM IN THE NEWS (a sampling of articles)
- HISTORIC SKILLS DEMONSTRATED AT WOODSMEN’S FESTIVAL -The Daily Star 10/15/17
- 20 SECRET GEMS YOU HAD NO IDEA ABOUT IN THE CATSKILLS “Hanford Mills Museum is the perfect stop for some hands-on learning for all ages. Learn more about the mill’s history and expansion on the forefront of technology and ingenuity.” –Time Out New York, August 25, 2017
- COLD WEATHER CURES FOR CABIN FEVER “Kids that play outside in the winter? Does that still happen? It does if you take your munchkins to the Hanford Mills Museum Ice Festival…” -Sonja Stark, in her Albany Times-Union blog PilotGirl
- PERFECT DAY FOR AN ICE HARVEST AT HANFORD MILLS ALLOTSEGO.COM
- 25 BEST THINGS TO DO IN THE CATSKILLS -VACATIONIDEA.COM
- BRAINS, KAZOOS, FIDDLES & MORE: UNIQUE MUSEUMS IN UPSTATE –SYRACUSE POST-STANDARD/NEWYORKUPSTATE.COM
- TAKE YOUR KIDS ON A “FROZEN” ADVENTURE: Museum’s Annual Ice Harvest is a Cool Family Attraction –BINGHAMTON PRESS & SUN-BULLETIN
- SNOW BALLS: FIVE WINTER FESTIVALS WORTH THE TRIP -THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
- ONE-TANK TRIP: HANFORD MILLS MUSEUM IN DELAWARE COUNTY -ROCHESTER DEMOCRAT & CHRONICLE
- THE CATSKILLS ARE JUST A SHORT DRIVE AWAY AND OFFER TONS OF CULTURE, OUTDOOR FUN AND FINE DINING -THE NEW YORK DAILY NEWS “Well worth the scenic drive to northerly East Meredith is Hanford Mills Museum.”
- CELEBRATING AN OLD-FASHIONED FOURTH AT HANFORD MILLS MUSEUM -THE MOUNTAIN EAGLE
- HANFORD MILLS REVIEW –NEWYORKTRAVELER.NET “It was a lovely trip. If you are in the area, drive over to the mill and see the sights. The place is kid-friendly and VERY educational.”
SELECT NEWS RELEASES
- November 2018 News Release ICE HARVEST FESTIVAL AT HANFORD MILLS MUSEUM: WINTER’S COOLEST TRADITION
On Saturday, February 2, 2019, take part in a traditional ice harvest, just as communities did a century ago. The 30th anniversary Ice Harvest Festival also features ice carving, ice fishing, horse-drawn sleigh rides, a snowman village, hot soup buffet, food trucks, blacksmithing and cooking demonstrations, and exhibits by local businesses and farmers. Kids 12 and under get in free.
- August 2018 News Release SEE THE INGENUITY OF THE PAST AT THE ANTIQUE ENGINE JAMBOREE ON SEPTEMBER 1
The Dan Rion Memorial Antique Engine Jamboree and Powerfest features antique vehicles, farm machines, tractors, and a variety of engines, many from the 20th century and some even from the 19th century. Highlights include a 1926 Ahrens Fox Fire Pumper, steam power demonstrations in the historic mill, the Stoddard Hollow String Band, BBQ and pie sales, and kids’ activities, including the 1957 Nash Metropolitan Fire Truck Ride that many will remember from the Catskill Game Farm.
- June 2018 News Release: INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION OFFERS AUTHENTIC FAMILY FUN
Festival on July 4th features frog-jumping contests, a kids’ fishing derby, ice cream made on a steam-powered churn, the Hanford Mills String Band, water- and steam-power demonstrations in the Mill, local food, and old-fashioned fun.
[If you would like to receive news releases directly by email, please let us know]