Come see the sawdust fly! Visitors to Hanford Mills Museum receive a guided tour of the Mill complex with Museum interpreters. The tour includes demonstrations of our 1926 Fitz overshot waterwheel and historic water-powered woodworking and milling machinery. Tours take about 1 1/2 hours, with time for questions. Whenever possible, interpreters can tailor the tour to your interests.
In addition to a guided tour of the Mill Complex there are over a dozen other historic buildings on the site. Two highlights of these structures are the Feed Mill, which includes a short introductory video and the “Rural Genius” exhibit, and the John Hanford House, which recreates home life in the 1920s.
Visitors are welcome to bring a picnic lunch and enjoy our scenic site. We have picnic tables available. While there is food available to purchase on festival days (Ice Harvest Festival, Independence Day Celebration, Dan Rion Memorial Antique Engine Jamboree & Powerfest, and Woodsmen’s Festival), food is not generally available to purchase at the Museum.
The Museum is open May 16 – October 14, Wednesdays through Sundays, and holiday Mondays.he last tour of the day begins no later than 3:30 pm. We recommend arriving by 3:15.