Hanford Mills Museum, East Meredith, NY
Brief Description: Hanford Mills Museum (HMM) operates an authentic water and steam-powered National Register-listed historic site in East Meredith, NY. Interpreters/Tour Guides support the Museum’s professional staff in the operation, interpretation, and preservation of the buildings and grounds. This position reports to the Interpretation Coordinator and the Mill Operations Manager.
- Conduct tours and assist with demonstrations
- Assist in the implementation of school programs, events, and other group visits
- Assist with preparing materials for appropriate mill-made products
- Assemble mill-made products
Site Maintenance and Preservation
- Assist with projects as directed by supervisors
Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Must be at least 18 or older as of date of hire
- Must be out-going, enthusiastic and have strong public engagement and speaking skills
- Ability to perform tasks that require moderate physical exertion, stand/walk for long periods on varying surfaces, inside and outside, and in a variety of conditions
- An interest in history and/or environmental science
- Woodworking and machinery skills or interest to learn
The open season is May 15 to October 15. Mill Guides must be available to work weekends, holidays, and all special events. The Museum is open Wednesday-Sunday and Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, and Columbus Day.
Hiring to begin April 1 on a rolling basis until filled.
Please fill out an application. You may also include a resumé in addition to the application.
Send applications to:
Liz Callahan, Executive Director
Hanford Mills Museum
P.O. Box 99
East Meredith, NY 13757
(607) 278-6299 (fax)